SCHOOL OF NURSING ACCREDITATION
Commission on collegiate nursing education
The baccalaureate degree program/master's degree program in nursing at the Mississippi College School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
board of trustees of state Institutions of Higher Learning
3825 Ridgewood road, jackson, MS 39211-6453, telephone: 601-982-6690.
Student Outcomes & Curriculum
The latest NCSBN report received from the MS Board of Nursing show an IHL NCLEX pass rate of 96% for 2021.
- Semiannual admission into the program with undergraduate students in nursing preparation and nursing clinical courses
- online RN-BSN programming with two-intakes every semester (6 per year)
- online MSN - Clinical Nurse Leader track ... first in Mississippi started fall 2019
- A measured pace of program delivery with hands-on clinical placements with local community agency partners
- Standardized testing preparation and support
- Integrated simulation across all clinical courses to promote clinical reasoning skills and application
- Employers seek out MC nursing students
- 95 to 100% of graduates are employed FT in nursing within one year
- Annual mission activities as a non-clinical elective for 24 years allowing student application of nursing to areas of need in the USA and to numerous countries abroad
- 100% of MC nursing students are members of the national student professional organization and are actively involved in their home state
- Mississippi Student Nursing Association leadership for the state, led by all MC nursing students since 2017.
- MC nursing faculty hold graduate and/or postgraduate degrees from many locations and bring a wealth of expertise and experience to stretch student learning
- Faculty are committed to teaching excellence and seek to model nursing as a ministry
- Faculty engage in scholarly activities within professional organizations and in their pursuit of doctoral study
- Faculty are active members of Omicron Lambda; the MC SON chapter of the Sigma Theta Tau International honor society for nursing