The MC School of Nursing is accredited by CCNE and the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning.
Student Outcomes & Curriculum
- NCLEX-RN® passage rate within 6 months in the high 90’s
The latest posted MS IHL report posted March 2018 shows MC SON with a 94% pass rate.
- Semiannual admission into the program with undergraduate students in nursing preparation and nursing clinical courses
- Measured pace of program delivery in a hybrid format
- Standardized testing preparation and support
- Integrated simulation across all clinical courses
- Employers seek out MC nursing students
- 95 to 100% of graduates are employed FT in nursing within one year
- Annual mission trip as non-clinical elective for 24 years allowing students application of nursing to numerous countries including Colombia, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic
- 100% of MC nursing students are members of the national student professional organization and are actively involved in their home state
- 18 MC nursing faculty hold graduate and/or post graduate degrees from overseas and 11 different states including Louisiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Alabama, Virginia, Maryland, Texas, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan and Mississippi
- Faculty regularly receive honors such as those from the Cambridge Who’s Who Registry Among Executive & Professional Women in the Field of Research, Medicine, & Healthcare and the Worldwide Who’s Who Top Female Executives
- The average tenure of nursing faculty is 15 years signifying an impressive commitment to the School of Nursing
- Three faculty are Virginia Henderson Fellows in Omicron Lambda chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International