The requirements for continuation in the clinical portion of Mississippi College School of Nursing are:
- Completion of all nursing prerequisite courses with grade of C or higher; English Composition (6), Nutrition (3), Psychology (3), Developmental Psychology (3), Sociology (3), Anatomy & Physiology (8), Microbiology (4), Chemistry (4), Statistics (3), Algebra (3), and NUR 250 Transition to Nursing Practice (3).
- Students with repeats in more than two pre-requisite courses (listed above) will not be considered for progression into upper division clinical level nursing.
- Successful completion of college core courses or a faculty-approved plan for completing these in a timely fashion.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Acceptable score on the admission exam.
Core Courses & Prerequisites
|Anatomy and Physiology||8|
|Transition to Nursing Practice||3|
The examination required for admission to the School of Nursing is the HESI A2 Admission Assessment Exam with Critical Thinking which is administered by Prometric Services at one of their administration sites. Students may have three writes on an admission exam.
Transfer student applicants that have taken a previous Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) must submit a TEAS score that must be at or above the national BSN program mean for that particular offering of the TEAS test.
Test completion for all assessments must be within the last calendar year of the date of application. A copy of the HESI A2 or TEAS tests must be submitted electronically from the testing company directly to the Mississippi College School of Nursing.